CHRONOGRAPHE MONOPOUSSOIR RATTRAPANTE
The lineSport collection broadens with the new Chronographe Monopoussoir Rattrapante, available in 3 versions: one in Platinum PT 950, one in 18 K red Gold and one in Titanium grade 5. The case of 44 mm diameter and 12 mm thick encloses the new monopoussoir split second chronograph movement with a very large date, made in 18 K rose Gold for the Platinum and the red Gold versions and in Aluminium alloy for the Titanium version.
The precious metal bracelets are assorted to their respective case. Two new bracelets in Platinum and red Gold with matte finishing have been developed while the Titanium bracelet is identical to the existing lineSport version. Rubber inserts are fixed on the case and the bracelet links to protect the watch from frictions on smooth surface like bumpers of ancient automobiles. The links attached to the case are also articulated to adapt to the different wrist sizes with an adjustable folding clasp in length of approximately 5 mm. This Chronograph features a power reserve of 80 hours making it possible to efficiently use the chronograph with the rattrapante function after 2 days and a very large date in a window of 5.20 x 2.80 mm provides an increased readability.
For each of the 3 versions, a dial of a different color:
– For the Platinum model, a blue-mauve color silver guilloche dial with appliques numerals in matte white Gold, 2 Silver chronograph counters and matte rhodied hands.
– For the red Gold model, a silver guilloche dial covered with Ruthenium and appliques numerals in matte red Gold, 2 Silver chronograph counters and matte 5N Golden hands.
– For the Titanium model, a dial in Aluminum alloy of anthracite color with appliques numerals with Superluminova, 2 chronograph counters in engraved sapphire and hands with Superluminova.
The tachymetric bezel inlaid with ceramic and the new typographic numerals are a reminder of the Only Watch timepiece. A rubber over molded crown with 3 positions:
– Position 1: winding.
– Position 2: correction of the very large date.
– Position 3: time setting.
The pusher are made in the same metal as the case:
– A pusher at 2h for the chronograph start, stop and back to zero functions.
– A pusher at 4h for the rattrapante.
This new calibre 1518 with manual winding, conceived by F.P. Journe, is as usual entirely made in our Manufacture and assembled by one of our watchmakers. F.P. Journe perpetuates the watchmaking tradition and maintains exclusive craftsmanship since every experienced watchmaker performs all the assembly stages from beginning to end, a unique case in the profession. Inspired by the Chronograph made for Only Watch, this new movement features a chronograph direct gearing with a rocking pinion avoiding the jump of the hand at the start.
An important development was required to integrate the very large date in a total height of only 6.80 mm, signature of the F.P.Journe brand. The magnificent finishing and decorations of the movement visible through a transparent sapphire back are one of the numerous undisputable qualities of the F.P.Journe Haute Horology.
COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS FROM OUR READERS